Installing Updates using GPO

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
I have noticed recently that all updates are being applied to our client machines but are not being installed. What i would like is for the updates to install say at 7:00pm when no-one is around using Group Policy. How is this achieved?

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In group policy set the Computer Configuration>Administartive Templates>Windows Components>Windows Update section. Specifically:

Configure Automatic Updates=4
    Automatically download updates and install them on the schedule specified below
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Cheers srkymrk, by the way i have sorted that Ghosr Server problem out at last, i can see all the subnets and most of the computers now, just had to do some tweeking on the switches. Mind you i still have to solve the problem of some amchines showing and not others even though they are in the same room and of same make and model.
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Just realised that the GPO has already been setup to automatically install updates at a specific time but these updates are not being installed!!!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure Group Policy is being applied to the computers in question. Where did you link the GPO?

On one of the clients you can run gpresult.exe from a command prompt to see what is supposedly being applied. Or an easy way would be to use Help and Support, then under "Pick a Task" choose "Use Tools to view your computer information....", then on the left click Advanced System Information, and finally on the right select "View Group Policy Settings applied".
    All things are possible, only believe.