Options

ICND reloaded

borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took it again and failed it again, first try 755, today 788. I'm very frustrated as I felt very confident on most of the questions, maybe the sim is what got my score down most as I wasn't sure if I got everything they wanted done. I had 10 minutes left when I was done with the test and on the sim I did correct a few issues and made sure all the interfaces were up, all the routes were advertised, and the routing tables looked good (I could also telnet into the other router so connectivity was up). This was the exact sim I had last time and it isn't a good one as it Does Not give you a "if you can ping .... and .... then you have configured the devices correctly" like all the practice labs and sims I've messed with. I'm seriously thinking of just giving the full CCNA exam a shot next, seems Intro material is covered on the ICND anyways so why not just overview more and then try it. There are about 3 questions I really felt I missed and I will be looking up the answers to them soon but the rest of the exam (minus the sim) seemed to go well for me. On all the practice test I have taken the past few days I had 95 or better scores so I don't know what the deal is.
I'm taking today off of studying and possibly tomorrow, then I'm hitting it hard again.

Comments

• Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Keep cracking away at it. You'll get it.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass it again. I understand the ICND test is pretty hard. As you know, I just passed Intro today and I hope to take ICND in another 5-6 weeks.

I don't know if it would be better to just take the composite exam, or try the INCD again. I wish I could advise you better, but I've never taken either test.
  • Options
    CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    Keep on trying man. You will nail it.
    I hate pandas
  • Options
    Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    I know how you feel - I failed the INTRO twice, too. I'm skipping it and going to just take the 801 when I'm done with Cisco 4. At some point it'll sink in good and it's just a matter of time until you pass it. Just don't give up.
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for the support, this darn test is pretty hard, I'll keep at it until I pass it. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Relate to that:
    borumas wrote:
    I had 10 minutes left when I was done with the test and on the sim I did correct a few issues and made sure all the interfaces were up, all the routes were advertised, and the routing tables looked good (I could also telnet into the other router so connectivity was up). This was the exact sim I had last time and it isn't a good one as it Does Not give you a "if you can ping .... and .... then you have configured the devices correctly"
    If You don't issue a copy run start at the end of the simulation, I think the sim is not completed, maybe was that...
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So it does ask you to save your work when complete? I thought you didn't have to do that, but I haven't taken the test yet.

Sorry you didn;t pass man. When you finally do, it's gonna feel good and accomplished. But that sucks that everything was running fine but you still got it wrong. Did you double check all the network statements, AS #? It kinda makes it hard to rebound when you don;t know what you did wrong. Anyways just keep at it!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    So it does ask you to save your work when complete? I thought you didn't have to do that, but I haven't taken the test yet.

I also heard you didnt have to save your work, but I guess it can't hurt if you do, just to be safe...

Hard luck though...just keep at it, you're not far off...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!