Options

Is CCDA now becoming more of a Professional certification?

ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have recently seen numerous places on the Cisco website and even on the Neworkers website where they refer to the CCDA based on the new 640-863 as a CCDA Professional. I have not seen the same emphasis referred to the CCNA.

So, I was wondering with the new emphasis on advanced topics including a knowledge of BCMSN, whether Cisco is beginning to morph this into more of a Professional cert versus Associate. If so where does that place the CCDP?

I have noticed the wording in several places so I don't think it was a typo.

Of course we are all professionals once getting past the CCNA and above but I am referring to Cisco's classifications.

Any thoughts? Just curious icon_wink.gif
I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Comments

• Options
    Did everyone fall asleep on this forum? :)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    well from reviewing ccna and ccda i think the ccda is much more entailed then ccna?

ccna is more practical where the ccda is more thoery dare I say!!

also the chapters about upper management buy-in etc...

just my 1.5 cents.... icon_exclaim.gif
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • Options
    It definitely is/was a fun exam! :)icon_wink.gif

bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I think it's because there isn't a design track as a CCIE, so the CCDP is "seen" as the terminal certification in design, thus making CCDA more highly qualified?
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    Interesting read on that. You might have something there! Especially now that they are expecting some of the CCNP level material as prerequisites for even CCDA.

I did hear some rumblings somewhere about possibly a new CCIE Design track, though. It might just be speculation. icon_wink.gif

larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    rumble, rumble, did you read this?

http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/17010
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • Options
    Very interesting indeed! Looks like my rumblings may have been well founded. I don't think Cisco would like that Microsoft has a design/archetect level cert at the top of their cert structure and now they have nothing since they discontinued the CCIE.

I think on initial glance I would opt for reinstating the CCIE-Design, but some of the other possible titles are sorta interesting. Hmmm, I guess maybe more reason to continue on with design along with R&S and possibly pick up the CCDP along the way.. icon_wink.gif