Options

640-801 vs 640--802

livenliven Member Posts: 918
I want to knock out the CCNA quickly so I can move on to the CCSP track.

Is the 640=801 sufficient for that track? I can't realy find any info on the cisco site.

Also if I get the 801 and then start passing the CCSP track,will it upate or renew my 801???

Thanks guys!!!
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This page has links to all the Cisco Exams and Certifications.

The prerequsite for the CCSP is the CCNA -- and they don't care "which one" you get, as long as its current. And the individual CCSP exams will recertify your CCNA as you pass them, so the only time to worry about is finishing all the CCSP exams within a 3 year period (since individual exams are valid for 3 years before they expire).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    do you think it is possible to obtain the CCSP in less than a year?

I work with pix's, catalyst switches, CSS's, ASA's, and vpns on a pretty regular basis...

Don't have my ccna, but I am going to sit it soon. I have studied on and off for it over the last few years. Just need to get subbnetting down a little better (usually **** and use a calculator).
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    liven wrote:
    do you think it is possible to obtain the CCSP in less than a year?

I work with pix's, catalyst switches, CSS's, ASA's, and vpns on a pretty regular basis...

Don't have my ccna, but I am going to sit it soon. I have studied on and off for it over the last few years. Just need to get subbnetting down a little better (usually **** and use a calculator).

Yes, anything is possible. About 6 years ago I went through the CCNA, CCDA, and CCNP in about 6-8 months. Just work hard and anything is possible.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky