Options

Network + test JK0-012

mpflaniganmpflanigan Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I saw 2 exams for Network+, and it had me thinking. One is $232 (N010-003) and the other is $115T (JK0-012). I have spoken to CompTIA and VUE.They told me that you can take whatever exam. Below is the e-mail response I got back.

"Thank you for your e-mail. There is no difference between the exams they
have the same content. The codes are different because the JK0-012 is
for a student the other N10-003 is for non-students.
Have a good day,

CompTIA
Skills Development Customer Service Team
1-630-678-8300 Press 5 (Phone)
Fax # 1-630-268-9071"

VUE told me that they have no student requirement for the scheduling of tests. I am thinking to save some $, taking the cheaper one. Any experience with this? Or input? Also to let others know.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    mpflanigan wrote:
    I saw 2 exams for Network+, and it had me thinking. One is $232 (N010-003) and the other is $115T (JK0-012). I have spoken to CompTIA and VUE.They told me that you can take whatever exam. Below is the e-mail response I got back.

"Thank you for your e-mail. There is no difference between the exams they
    have the same content. The codes are different because the JK0-012 is
    for a student the other N10-003 is for non-students.
    Have a good day,

CompTIA
    Skills Development Customer Service Team
    1-630-678-8300 Press 5 (Phone)
    Fax # 1-630-268-9071"

VUE told me that they have no student requirement for the scheduling of tests. I am thinking to save some $, taking the cheaper one. Any experience with this? Or input? Also to let others know.

Thanks.
    I thought your school had to be a member of CompTIA in order to sell JK0 vouchers? I remember reading somewhere that these have to be offered to you in order for you to be able to purchase the voucher. Otherwise, I would have purchased the student exams!
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I just tried it online through prometric I had to select CompTIA Jobs+ in the list of certifications to choose from. Then it let me select what certification I wanted to take and showed the JK0-XXX cert code. I selected Server+ and it showed a price of $115. Then it asked for a promotion code or voucher number. I could not get past this screen so it looks like you have to have a voucher or promo code in order to get that price.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    mpflaniganmpflanigan Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sthomas wrote:
    When I just tried it online through prometric I had to select CompTIA Jobs+ in the list of certifications to choose from. Then it let me select what certification I wanted to take and showed the JK0-XXX cert code. I selected Server+ and it showed a price of $115. Then it asked for a promotion code or voucher number. I could not get past this screen so it looks like you have to have a voucher or promo code in order to get that price.

I just tried through VUE it took me all the way to pay with a CC. I just hit next instead of using a voucher $115.

I will try it this way when I actually am ready and let you know.
  • Options
    mpflanigan wrote:
    sthomas wrote:

I just tried through VUE it took me all the way to pay with a CC. I just hit next instead of using a voucher $115.

I will try it this way when I actually am ready and let you know.
    If it actually works, please tell us. Perhaps they will do a student check at the PearsonVUE center?
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    supergeekhandGuysupergeekhandGuy Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Everyone:

As a teacher for a college that is a CompTIA member, I can tell you that the JK0 versions are generally reserved for those organizations that are members of CompTIA (in my case, we use these versions for the students).

They say there is very little difference, and I suppose that is correct. I have had people take both versions and some have said they feel the JK0 version is harder.......but of course, we cannot confirm that in a legitimate way!

Good luck on acquiring that certificate. I know my students can get them because we are a CompTIA member!
  • Options
    Hello Everyone:

As a teacher for a college that is a CompTIA member, I can tell you that the JK0 versions are generally reserved for those organizations that are members of CompTIA (in my case, we use these versions for the students).

They say there is very little difference, and I suppose that is correct. I have had people take both versions and some have said they feel the JK0 version is harder.......but of course, we cannot confirm that in a legitimate way!

Good luck on acquiring that certificate. I know my students can get them because we are a CompTIA member!
    Must be nice. The college I go to withdrew their CompTIA membership when they ran a different program from what is going right now. The program they ran was an Electronics program. We are now in a computer-based program. I wish they would get the membership back so that we can get discounted vouchers.