PASSED :)

thorton84thorton84 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I passed my network+ test today and many thanks to people in the forums and the docs that were created from the community. I do have a few suggestions for the test and my exp. with it.....

- First off, you should know about the MAC address. Know how many bits make up an MAC address and know about what octels that make up the manufacturer number.
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/networkprotocolsip/l/aa062202a.htm

- know what are the benefits of IPV6

- Know about printer protocols and printer ques in Netware

- You should learn about the WEP and how many bits make the WEP key

I didnt get many questions on the apple side as I had about netbeui and netware. study up!

Comments

• techgeek07techgeek07 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratualations, man. I hope do to do the same on my second attempt in two weeks (scored a 534 my first time). Any, what's next? CCNA or MCSA?
    Please excuse any spelling errors, I speak well, but, write like a five year old
  • thorton84thorton84 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    techgeek07 wrote:
    Congratualations, man. I hope do to do the same on my second attempt in two weeks (scored a 534 my first time). Any, what's next? CCNA or MCSA?

I thinking CCNA, my buddy went for it and got it a few weeks ago. I am going to make that my next goal for next month to pass it. My buddy is now studying for MCSA so now so I gotta a little catching up to do ;)

btw good luck man, you were so close!
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    congratulations!

i didn't have any questions about MAC addresses, IPv6, or printer protocols when i took the test icon_scratch.gif
    Usus magister est optimus
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! IPv6 is great, isn't it? ;)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    muyloco286 wrote:
    congratulations!

i didn't have any questions about MAC addresses, IPv6, or printer protocols when i took the test icon_scratch.gif

haha thanks! your so lucky :P I got the joy of getting all three bundled together :)
    matradley wrote:
    Congratulations! IPv6 is great, isn't it? ;)

oh it is ;) Thanks!
    7255carl wrote:
    congrats

thanks!
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thorton84 wrote:
    Hey guys, I passed my network+ test today and many thanks to people in the forums and the docs that were created from the community. I do have a few suggestions for the test and my exp. with it.....

- First off, you should know about the MAC address. Know how many bits make up an MAC address and know about what octels that make up the manufacturer number.
    http://compnetworking.about.com/od/networkprotocolsip/l/aa062202a.htm

- know what are the benefits of IPV6

- Know about printer protocols and printer ques in Netware

- You should learn about the WEP and how many bits make the WEP key

I didnt get many questions on the apple side as I had about netbeui and netware. study up!

Great Job on passing and thanks for the tips.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • SaloeiSaloei Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    muyloco286, did you take the test with having the questions difficulty increase as you proceed? i read somewhere when you take the exam this way, you don't get to answer all the questions. once your score reaches a level, the test ends. i guess they figure if you can answer the most difficult questions first, then you should know what lies underneath.
  • denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    muyloco286 wrote:
    congratulations!

Right, it's a poll of questions and the best way out is to know all and take every points and questions seriously but, thanks for sharing.... angel.gifangel.gifangel.gif
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Saloei wrote:
    muyloco286, did you take the test with having the questions difficulty increase as you proceed? i read somewhere when you take the exam this way, you don't get to answer all the questions. once your score reaches a level, the test ends. i guess they figure if you can answer the most difficult questions first, then you should know what lies underneath.

no, the questions are randomly compiled. i wish they were organized by objectives or at least structured from easy to hard. that would make things a little less confusing.

as for the score, you must complete all 85 questions. otherwise, i would leave most of the hard questions blank and only answer the easy ones until my score reached the level :D
    Usus magister est optimus