Options

Looking for Online school for getting my master's in IT

Agent99Agent99 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone recommend a online university review site or a very good IT online Master's program?

Comments

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Hi,

WGU has had several good reviews. Another good Uni (for distance learning) is Open U, it's based in the UK.

There are others out there, but those are the two most popular ones I know.

-Ken
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Serious question... What is the difference between these type of Internet universities and real colleges who happen to have an online cirriculum, when it comes to quality of education and value in the industry?

There are a few traditional universities that have their batchelors and masters programs online. University of Illinois is one of them, and it used to be that if you were an online student that you were eligible for in-state tuition no matter where in the US you live, which sounded like a good deal to me at the time (I didn't go through with it). I know there are at least several other traditional universities but off the top of my head I don't know which ones.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    I too have been looking into getting my masters (infosec) and have seen several good looking programs. Unfortunately they are generally somewhat pricey and I cannot afford the 25-30k they require at the moment.

Anyone know of a respectibe masters in infosec or information assurance that is a little cheaper?
  • Options
    Mystery69Mystery69 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UMUC is a very good online school which offers Distance Learning.
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    seuss_ssues Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:52 am Post subject:

I too have been looking into getting my masters (infosec) and have seen several good looking programs. Unfortunately they are generally somewhat pricey and I cannot afford the 25-30k they require at the moment.

Anyone know of a respectibe masters in infosec or information assurance that is a little cheaper?

I've been looking for a Masters degree in Information Assurance as well. Not sure if you were in the government sector of IT or not seuss_seuss, but I've been told by some of the IA folks I've worked with that any online IA/infosec degree program accredited by this NSA program http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academia/caeiae.cfm is the way to go. I'm still researching whether that particular designation carries any real weight in the civilian world but if you're in government IT (and especially military) that'd be the way to go. As for cheap, I've yet to see a cheap Masters degree program. So I'm sure that online programs are much worse. icon_cry.gif [/quote]
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch