Options

interview

7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi everyone, i have an interview for a system engineer position on thursday, does anyone have any last minute advice?

thanks in advance :D
W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops

Comments

• Options
    tjcassertjcasser Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Same kind of general advice you're going to get anywhere, but.. :)
      Review the job listing. Make sure you know what you applied for, and how your skills match with what they're looking for. Do a minor technical review based on what the listing mentions you'll be doing for the position. (My company loves asking technical questions during interviews.) Take a deep breath and give yourself a second to gather your thoughts when asked a question. It's better to take that moment than to look like you're fumbling for an answer. Dress nicely. Even if the workplace is casual, you want to look professional - first impressions matter. Be on time.
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications
    MCPD: .Net Framework 2.0 Enterprise Applications
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tjcasser wrote:
    Be on time.

Forget that. Be early.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi again, ive been called back for a second interview on friday, could this be my first proper IT job?

i'll keep you posted :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    7255carl wrote:
    hi again, ive been called back for a second interview on friday, could this be my first proper IT job?

i'll keep you posted :D
    Best of luck!
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."