Options

MCSE in USA/Canada

Hi guys, Im presently an IT manager for a law firm in Aberdeen, Scotland...and will be soon be MCSE. I have been working in IT since 1997.

Once I have MCSE, I am contemplating going on my travels and maybe moving over to USA/Canada for a few years to broaden horizons etc etc. My question is this, what are the realistic prospects of getting a decent job in these countries and what kind of salary etc can I roughly get ?

Advise etc greatly appreciated.
A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.

Comments

• Options
    Ghetto RamboGhetto Rambo Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hrrrm, bout 5 years IT experience as manager and soon with MCSE, I'd say 40-60k/yearly range depending on where you going to live at.

Since you are a manager, if you come to the USA, please hire me!!! Nobody wants to give me a chance...I'd move anywhere in the US and relocate...can travel too icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I need one too!

I think your better off staying in the UK myself... Your going to need a degree in something! I'm heading back to the UK myself with my wife, I'm 27 I can't afford to waste anymore time here! Although it is easy to get a drivers license over here, the written test is a piece of cake and the practical is just a drive around the block! just don't brake the speed limit!!! I got it within a week!