Preparing for Net+ Exam (First attempt)

olwethu2olwethu2 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys'

I am preparing for my 1st attempt @ Network+, and thought i should find out as to how horrible could it be. I am doing self study and i don't know if that's enough or not. Please advise where you can.

Thanks.
"Survivor11"

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most people do the Network+ by self study so you should be fine as long as you have a good book to study with. Make sure you check the exam objectives for Net+ on CompTIA's website before you take the exam and also check the technotes from this site. Good Luck!

http://www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • arnevikmarnevikm Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think self study should be more than sufficient for this exam. That's what I'm telling myself anyways. I'm hoping to complete it within the next few weeks. My peers that have taken it have passed without much effort, though I'm trying to be cautious and not take it lightly. The technotes here are really great. I started with those. I've selectively read the entire Sybex book - skipping certain topics and focusing really on my questionable areas. Between those, google, and wiki I feel like I'm in pretty good shape.

Only point of concern regarding material on this site - the practive exam here is ridiculously easy compared to practice exams through sybex, proprofs, transcender, or essentially any other practice exams I've run across. I don't mean to knock it, just be cautious as I don't think those question will be representative of the difficulty of the actual exam.