advice

ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
does it look bad if i called the next day after and interview or if would mean that im really interested on the job?
If you stop getting better, you cease being good

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If they're still interviewing other canidates you want to wait a few days before you call. you can send a follow up email thanking them for their time and reflect on the interview (shows you were paying attention and actually interested in the job). What I mean is if they asked you any questions you found interesting, you can say that in the email and tell them how it had you thinking after you went home and found it interesting blah, blah, blah...

You generally want to wait a few days until they forget who you were and use the follow up call as a reminder.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    ilcram19 wrote:
    does it look bad if i called the next day after and interview or if would mean that im really interested on the job?

depends when you were supposed to hear back if it was next day I'd call if not wait till the day u were supposed to hear back and call near the end of the day
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Generally, don't call back unless they said you'd hear something by a certain time and you don't hear anything. If they didn't give a time frame you should have asked for one :) but wait a reasonable amount of time for them to interview some more people and maybe then contact back.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote:
    Generally, don't call back unless they said you'd hear something by a certain time and you don't hear anything. If they didn't give a time frame you should have asked for one :) but wait a reasonable amount of time for them to interview some more people and maybe then contact back.

I agree.

You can, however, follow up quickly with a "thank you for interviewing me" letter. That shows interest and professionalism.
    All things are possible, only believe.