Firewall clients

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
I have an issue whereby all the machines can connect to the ISA 2004 server to install the client by using the Server name but the machines cannot automatically install the client! Any ideas ?

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They need to be local admins on the computer.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really, it's not recommended to deploy the Firewall Client Share from the ISA server itself anyway, since doing so opens up the Internal Interface of the ISA server to several risky protocols such as CIFS (TCP and UDP), and all the nasty netbios stuff. Rather you should install the Share on one of your existing file servers, by running a custom setup from the ISA 2004 CD on the file server. During setup choose "This feature will not be installed" for Firewall Services and ISA Server Management, and select "This feature and all subfeatures will be installed on the hard drive" for Firewall Client Installation Share.

Other ways to install the firewall client (so that users do not have to be admins, or to keep from having the Help Desk folks install it manually on every computer) include Group Policy, SMS, or a silent installation script.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Well all it took was a simple reboot and the clients automatically contacted the server.

I am looking at installing ISA SP3 as i now have a fresh install, just wondered if anyone has hasd any issues after installing SP3, and i could have sworn there was an SP4 for Standard Editions.