Options

Yet another Linux+ studying techniques thread

EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm currently prepping for my Linux+. I have had zero experience with Linux exempting some work I do with the Helix build.

As of now I've purchased the Thompson and Sybex Linux+ books, and installed two VMs with Fedora 7 and Slackware (I like how there's more prep work involved in getting it up and running.) As I've been reading I've run into a number of executables that the book discusses each and every option. Normally, I study the options that would seem most useful and figure I will rely on instructions for the less used ones. It's been a fair amount of time since I've taken a CompTIA exam, and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions how much I should focus on the options for these more used executables.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I really don't have advice, I am just jumping on the bandwagon as well. I was thing about getting a Linux OS cert but I have no idea where to start. I am going to try to download some freeware this weekend and hopefully get familiarized with it. Other than that, does anyone have and study tips for the Linux+ exam? Thanks.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just what you are doing already mostly. Grab a good book or two, check out the tech notes and forums here, install and get some hands on with a major distro (especially the command line/shell), and finally make sure you download and are familiar with the objectives being tested.

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/objectives.aspx

It only takes a few seconds to fill out the required information and download the objectives, so I recommend you do it. I don't know how many times I have heard "They asked questions that weren't covered in my book". If you study the topics in the objectives you shouldn't have any surprises on test day.

Good luck! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.