IE7 browsing history

mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
So, I'm wondering if there is a way to view the browsing history of IE7 after it's been deleted?? Just tryin to check up on my girl's little brother...makin sure he's not doin anything he shouldn't be, which we think he is. I just think what he's doin on there is attracting viruses and such. So, if there's a way let me know!

Also, any recommendations for good free a/v software for Vista?? BTW, the computer is runnin Vista.

Thanks in advance!
Working on Linux+

Comments

• mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    ok...i found a tool, PC Inspector File Recovery. haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it's a free tool and supposedly works with Vista. I'll check it out tomorrow afternoon and post back.
    Working on Linux+
  • lex0429lex0429 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grisoft, which makes AVG anti-virus has a free personal edition. I am quite fond of their application..it does the job as well as most AV programs and doesnt hog the resources they do
    http://free.grisoft.com/
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Shame on you, TC.

Anyway I have always used X-ways Trace for viewing web history. However this program is neither free, nor do I know if IE7 deletes the needed history files.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    Change the admin account password, take off any other admin acounts. Give him access to just the user account and use the parental controls in vista. Its what there there for. You can block access to web sites, games, put time limits on etc....

Vista then reports back to you at a time you set ( to remind too if required )

:D
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Change the admin account password, take off any other admin acounts. Give him access to just the user account and use the parental controls in vista. Its what there there for. You can block access to web sites, games, put time limits on etc....

Vista then reports back to you at a time you set ( to remind too if required )

:D

Thanks, Amy, that'll help out a lot.
    Working on Linux+