WSUS3 Updates

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
I have just imaged all workstations in our company and applied all Office and Windows updates when i first created the image using the Windows Update sites. Would i be correct in saying that i can now decline all workstation updates on the WSUS server as all clients now have the most recent updates installed? Also how can i check that WSUS is successfully downloading updates from the Microsoft Update Site? I received a notice alert from my WSUS server saying that a server update is available but dont see any indication that it has been downloaded in the Synchronised page on WSUS!

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Don't go and decline updates that are valid updates just because all of your current install base has them installed. What happens if you add new computer or if you have to rebuild one of your existing ones? Only decline the updates if you do not want them in your environment.

As for your other questions that you have asked I think you would be better served reading the documentation from Microsoft, Operations Guide for WSUS:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/9b65850d-17a0-440e-9cad-2eb881011f5f1033.mspx?mfr=true

If there are any other questions after browsing the documentation that you need help with, we're here to help.

b
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...