Options

Well, I'll leave this up to you guys to decide

techgeek07techgeek07 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm checking out the Sec + for my next exam after Net +. I was going through amazon and checking out customer reviews on different books on the subject. The top review on one of the books says that that book is not substitute for two **** sites, naming the dumpsites. I'm guessing he doesn't realize that they're **** sites or mabey doesn't know even what they are. I tried reporting it, hoping I could put in a comment, but, all it did was report it. I don't want to blind side the guy, but, seriously, It probably shouldn't be there...
Please excuse any spelling errors, I speak well, but, write like a five year old

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    You are right in trying to stop publicity for the ****. If you browse Techexams forums, you will find a lot of comments about these "brain" ****--none of them good. You are to be commended.

I would also say that anyone who seeks computer/network security certification through use of a brain ****, has no business in security. IT security itself always goes straight to the question of pursuing criminal prosecution, depending on the results of investigation. **** are illegal, and the people who support and use them are performing an illegal act. So, I do not think that they are qualified to guarantee the security of any system--even if they are certified.

Well, that is about a nickel's-worth of opinion, but I think that all Techexamers agree with me.

Good luck to you on your path to Network+ certification, and your future.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    snadam - "**** are for chumps." Good work trying to help! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    snadam - "**** are for chumps." Good work trying to help! :D

you know it!!!

youre right for reporting it. **** are Unmoral unethical, and most importantly ILLEGAL. Its just the easy way out. While most of us who dedicate years/months/weeks/days/hours studying and actually LEARNING the content, these people out there are just finding the the Q/A sheets and memorizing them. icon_rolleyes.gif

you did the right thing.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security