Options

Passed 70-620

kellyckellyc Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-620 exam today with a score of 907.

I used the Microsoft Press Study guide and the Transcender exam simulation software. I also used the exam simulation software that came with the Microsoft Press book a little bit.

I visited Barnes and Noble before I went to the test center this morning and noticed that Syngress has a book for the 70-620 exam. I looked through it and it looked to be a much better book than the Microsoft Press book. The MS Press book was extremely tedious and disorganized to me. I think different people have different book preferences and some people will like a book while others will hate it so its hard to say objectively if a resource is good or not. With that said, after having read the MS Press 70-620 book I recommend trying the Syngress book for 70-620 first. The Microsoft Press book does not give you an evaluation copy of Vista even though some sources say it does (Syngress doesn't either but I mistakenly though the Microsoft Press did and was disappointed).

The Transcender was much more difficult than the actual exam. The exam wasn't all that difficult. It had 58 questions and I did it in about an hour.

So in summary, if you are preparing to take the 70-620 exam, I recommend that you study the Syngress book and use the Transcender if you can. If you get something wrong on the Transcender, really study the explanation and understand it. They include hyperlinks in the explanations that will help. Don't be discouraged if the Transcender blows you out of the water at first. After having used the Transcender and the Measure Up software that came with the Microsoft book, I thought I was walking into a bloodbath but it wasn't like that at all.

Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Congrats on the pass. Thanks also for the info on the books.

I hadn't heard too many good things about the MS book for this one so I'll take your advice and give the Syngress one a try.
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif and thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations. What's next on the cert hit-list?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats mate, welcome to the MCTS club :)

-Ken
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    burgosallanburgosallan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation buddy.....
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Chief! :)
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! And thanks for the information. I'm taking the 70-620 by the end of September. So far i have the MS press book, but will give the Sybex and Sygress books a try.

How long did you study?
  • Options
    bowulfbowulf Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the exam as well. I found it to be an entry-level exam focusing more on the end user features. I studied about 2 weeks -- reading only the Sybex book and using its practice exams. You'll do fine.
    Kent A.
    MCSE - Win2k & Win2k3, MCSA - Win2k3
    MCITP - Vista (EST) & Windows 2008, SA
    MCTS - Vista; Windows Server 2008 -- Active Directory(640), Network(642), Application Infrastructure (643)
    VMware Certified Professional (VCP) - 4,3.x,2.x
  • Options
    pesinetpesinet Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well Done icon_cool.gif
    CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP 70-210, MCTS 70-640, MCTS 70-642, MCITP 70-646, ACHDS 10.4, ACTC 10.4, ACSP 10.5, MCTS 70-620, MCITP 70-623.
  • Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Congrats on the pass and nice write up!