Options

problems with logging into comptia site

mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone else having problems trying to use your logon information (As provided in the score report) to request that comptia ship your certificate?
I can't get the damn thing to work. I'm not sure if it takes a few days for them to update their records or what. And, according to the directions 'if you don't complete the following procedure, you will not receive your certificate'

I'm not sure if this is something new they're trying or not. I didn't have to do it for A+ or Net+
Also, it looks like their site would be suspectible to a buffer overflow....check out their forms -seems like you could enter hundreds of characters into any one of their boxes.
comptia.org/careerid (not that i'm suggesting anyone does)
Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP

Comments

• Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You might want to check on your account with Comptia. A buddy of mine who'd taken his Net+ exam a while ago asked me the same question when he passed his Sec+ this past week. If you look at the score report, it doesn't tell you but those instructions were meant for folks who just passed their first comptia exam. Being a comptia veteran, you already have an assigned comptia ID, etc. My suggestion would be log into your personal comptia information and click on the history link. There, you see all of the comptia certs you've passed and also when they mailed the certificate to you. If you don't see Sec+ mailed out to you in about 2 weeks or so, then I'd suggest calling/emailing them. But don't sweat it; as long as you kept your profile information up to date, it'll get to you.
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch