Options

does packet tracer 4.1 covers all the labs for 640-802

gundjagundja Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi
i was wondering if packet tracer 4.1 can be used as a simulator for 640-802 exams.
does it covers all the labs for ccna or is there some labs that it does not support like ospf?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    ccnacertified2000ccnacertified2000 Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what labs in ccna are you referring to? I dont think there are specific labs in ccna. there are technologies and configuration, but they dont set up fixed labs for you to configure as far as i can tell.
    but to answer your question, i think it supports almost everything you need to pass the 802 exam. as for labs, you can set up any lab you want in it. its not like those sims that use fixed labs or like boson where you have to create the topology in one program and go in another to configure it. try out different stuff on it.
    if you really care, then packet tracer dont have isdn, bgp, multi-area ospf (they have single area though), and some other protocols that you won't encounter in ccna. seriously, if you're at the level where you need to configure those advanced stuff, you should be using real equipment.
  • Options
    gundjagundja Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what i mean by labs is configuring the routers as in ccna academy where you have to connect routers or switches and then configuring them .thnks for the info