Options

My turn to finally say it

flares2flares2 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
PASSED!!!

First off, I always used to get sick of everyone posting "Passed" all over the boards, but now that I've passed my first exam, I understand how eager you all were to say it.

I didn't have the greatest score, only a 607, but atleast I passed my first exam on the first try. My study materials consisted only of the Technotes, they were an outstanding help (Johan, I have sent you a PM regarding this). The Technotes, mixed with a few years IT experience under my belt, and doing a little studying for CCNA got it done for me.

From reading other posts, I agree many of the tests questions seemed vague or broad, it's not as straight forward as the Practice Exams. Also, I think a lot of scenario questions were opinionated. As in: given a scenario, what would be your first step to troubleshooting? After you work on a network long enough, you know the common problems, so you start there. I don't believe in a standardized set of steps on troubleshooting, there's too many "what ifs" but it's CompTIA's test, so I guess they win that debate.

Also if anyone's interested in what's next, I've been reading over A+ I think I'll knock that out, hopefully sooner than later, then go for CCNA (something I've been putting off for far too long).

Thanks again to Johan, all the moderators and everyone else who's posts have helped me along the way.
Techexams.net - Job security for one more day.

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! Good luck on your A+ -> CCNA track.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yay another pass! good job!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations! And you're most welcome :D
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Sbs1011Sbs1011 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done, flares2!!!
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on the CCNA and A+!
  • Options
    denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Always feels good to pass that first one, (and the ones after it icon_lol.gif ). Congrats on the pass, and let us know how your CCNA and A+ studies go.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.