Options

Can you use pen/paper on exam?

StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
Are you allowed to use pen and paper instead of a marker and dry erase board. I can write a lot quicker with a pen then with a marker.

Comments

• Options
    baldychokobaldychoko Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was allowed but i dont think they are suppose to let you. They Usually use a mini white board type thing.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wow they let you?

99.999% of the time no. ALso a good tip for the exam is to not try and write small on the plastic laminate.

Ask for 2 sheets so you can write BIG!

They don't want you to walk out with the Q and A. Furthermore they don't want to have to babysit everyone that takes the exam.

You have 20minutes to write out your CIDR table. You should have plenty of time to write down what you need.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    But I hate markers! icon_sad.gif

If I'm going to come out of the test center with black hands, I better pass!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Netstudent wrote:
    wow they let you?

99.999% of the time no. ALso a good tip for the exam is to not try and write small on the plastic laminate.

They don't want you to walk out with the Q and A. Furthermore they don't want to have to babysit everyone that takes the exam.

You have 20minutes to write out your CIDR table. You should have plenty of time to write down what you need.

99.999% of the time? How many times have you taken the exam?????? icon_lol.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I've taken it once icon_lol.gif ..But i know the rules...and if one was allowed a pen and paper, it was probably an accidental "slip thorugh the cracks" rule breakage. Which would probably VERY rarely happen. Thats what I meant by 99.999%
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    Netstudent wrote:
    Well they give you an eraser. And if you pass the test then who cares how black your hands are. It means you were actually working through the test and not dumbfounded.

I'v taken it once icon_lol.gif ..But i know the rules...and if one was allowed a pen and paper, it was probably an accidental "slip thorugh the cracks" rule breakage. Which would probably VERY rarely happen. Thats what I meant by 99.999%

"how black your hands are", For those who have taken the test, we have all been there. Can't they give you some cheap eraser
    Arrakis
  • Options
    I'd be curious to know why pen and paper is against the rules?
  • Options
    Netstudent wrote:
    wow they let you?

• Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd be curious to know why pen and paper is against the rules?

My guess - probably because they don't want you copying down questions and leaving with them. Its more difficult to monitor - each test center would have to confirm on every test they gave the candidate X sheets of paper, and you returned them all. A dry erase board is a lot simpler.