Options

i got so scared today. pron at work.

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
ok so im at this client because their laptop has crapped out and im there to fix something with the sound card and the drivers. Im ready to test the thing and i start launching Windows media player. i hit play. and all of a sudden ****!!!! starts playing on the screen!!! lmao im like holy **** quickly i have to close this.

Lucky for me the drivers were not installed yet, and there was no sound at that point. And yeah if you are wondering, the laptop was being used for work by the mother but the 14-15 year old kid was using the laptop at home lol. You gotta love media player hehe.

I was trying so hard not to laugh after that haahah.

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't lie,you copied it to your own machine didn't you!?

:D
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RTmarc wrote:
    Don't lie,you copied it to your own machine didn't you!?

:D

People do that? lol :D
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You would cringe at some of the stuff I have seen.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not as bad as my last job. My manager swayed...another way <_< and advertised in a local g** newpaper. So we'd get a lot of people like that coming in from time to time besides our general customers. Most of the time the wallpapers would be pictures of barechested or naked men.

I still have nightmares about working there. When performing data recovery or backing up their My Documents...you don't dare look at the contents.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Not as bad as my last job. My manager swayed...another way <_< and advertised in a local g** newpaper. So we'd get a lot of people like that coming in from time to time besides our general customers. Most of the time the wallpapers would be pictures of barechested or naked men.

I still have nightmares about working there. When performing data recovery or backing up their My Documents...you don't dare look at the contents.

This would have to be pretty high on the list of horrible jobs. It should be on that show dirty jobs!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, *** people are becoming more and more common, so it's not really restricted to that job. I'm sure I'll run into more of this stuff eventually. icon_redface.gif
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    There was a guy formerly employed at my company that sent in his company laptop for a rebuild and there were pictures of him doing, um, things, with other people who just happened to be of the same gender saved right there in his my documents.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    blargoe wrote:
    There was a guy formerly employed at my company that sent in his company laptop for a rebuild and there were pictures of him doing, um, things, with other people who just happened to be of the same gender saved right there in his my documents.
    I take it he left pretty quickly after that?!?! icon_lol.gif
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    knfmnknfmn Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do some part time work from an on call company, and got sent to a guys house to help him "learn how this thing works". It turns out that the main thing he was interested in was getting a pay-**** program he'd downloaded onto his wife's computer off before she found it...lol. That was great.

Kristopher
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the real IT world.. icon_eek.gif
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    Sometimes in situations like that when I was working for a computer/network services shop, my boss would freak out the customers he knew personally by sending them fake emails from god@heaven.org with messages to repent for looking at whatever nasty thing we found on their computer a week earlier. Funny stuff.
    IT guy since 12/00