Options

IRQs

StevenFL02StevenFL02 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just a quick question.

I don't know if I'm missing this or not on the Objectives, but are we no longer tested on IRQs and I/O addresses on the 2006 A+?

Thanks a lot, everybody.

Comments

• Options
    jgladwelljgladwell Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    corrected :) next time I won't assume to know what the hell I'm talking about :Dicon_redface.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I'm not sure which objectives you reviewed, but for grins I've just looked at Essentials and and I/O is mentioned several times and while IRQ wasn't spelled out....it seemed pretty clear that this falls under 'basic troubleshooting' as well as troubleshooting, KB, CPU, etc section. You'll need want to understand this (and it's not like you're studying to do brian surgery to learn it).

Perhaps I'm just old school, but it seemed like it was pretty clearly still a required skill. It certainly is in the field, so seems like the exam would still test on it.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    Thank god I memorized all my system resources last time. Just one less thing for me to have to remember.
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.
  • Options
    bikeandskibikeandski Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just took the 601 and 602 and there were no IRQ or I/O resource questions but I was pretty prepared for them if there had been any!