Options

vmware

behnam2ubehnam2u Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks,

I can't find the site which vmware have a trial version to download and practice for my exam icon_sad.gif
Could some one help me plz , and have you any good tips to passing 215 exam?
I did 70-210 a month ago and it was okey icon_lol.gif
Have a nice chrismas any way icon_wink.gif

Behnam
Behnam

Comments

• Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Get a license valid for 30 day trial period from their web site,
    just fill out their questionaire at:

VMWare Trial
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • Options
    Hey Pavlov thanks for the tip, i download it and didn't know that i myself had to have a 2000 server for instalation, and i borrow it from a friend and wanted to install beside my own xp pro, but in the beginning of the set up Vm says that maybe i'll lose some data after installation.
    Could something goes wrong if i go on with set up, or maybe i get some errors with my xp?
    Thats why i abbort set up and want to make sure that before my exams i have a working pc icon_wink.gif
    Could you help me on this issue plz?
    Thanks,
    Behnam
    Behnam
  • Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Hmmmm - having not actually installed or used VMWare, I'm really not certain. I did a bit more searching on their website for you though, and found that they have a few different versions of this software.

I found this one, which may be more what you're looking for as it's intended to be used at the workstation. Give it a look and see what you think.

VMWare - Workstation

As for the specific question you asked, I would hold off installing until after you looked over the link above, or talked to someone at their organization. If it's warning about potentially losing data.... at the very least get a good backup of your computer before you install it icon_wink.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • Options
    SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    VMWare installation is a snap. All you do is run the executable, start the program, and input your trial key.
    It's *very* easy. As for operating system installation, VMWare includes a nice wizard to help you walk through the "hardware" setup, storage, etc.
    VMWare is so great that it can even boot an existing partition/OS while you run your Windows!

I don't really think it's possible to ruin your data under vmware, except if you mess up the virtual computers themselves.
    Just be sure to give it enough ram :)
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips icon_idea.gif
    I start tomorrow to install Vm and see what will happen icon_wink.gif
    Behnam