Options

Readiness review problem with Vista?

burmtraburmtra Inactive Imported Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
When I install the readiness review test system from the cd which accompnies the official MS 70-270 training guide the "vista" system advises "An ancticipated error has occurred in the application display" and the test system does not work. It installs and works fine on an xp machine i use at work. Does anyone know if theres a way/patch to solve this problem so that the software works with vista??

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dude, it's microsoft:)
    I recently bought a Vista Home Premium Computer. I was surprised: it SUCKS! :o
    .the problem with your machine is that Microsoft did probably not test its software on Vista machines. The software you bought works well on XP machines; it is intended to do so.

Here' are some ideas: install a virtual XP machine and test the software on it. I did try this with some softwares.
    if this does not work, run your software on a seperate computer (if you got one of course), or , the worst case, reformat your computer+partition it with dual boot in mind (XP and Vista).
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you right click on the application and click on properties you can change the compatiblity settings to run in Windows XP SP2. If the application requires flash you may have to mess with some IE settings or flash player settings to get it to work properly. If none of that works and you can't find any patches/updates for it then the problem probably does lie with Vista. If that is the case try what shadowman724 said.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I wonder if the following link will help.... It worked for me, but those were under different circumstances.

http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_885674.aspx