Options

70-292 / 70-296 book recommendation

ed6612ed6612 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody,

I currently have an MCSE in 2000 and am looking into upgrading my cert to 2003. I know that two exams are required for this task, 70-292 and 70-296, and I am wondering what book or books you guys would recommend or had a chance to read. I searched on Amazon and Barnes and Noble and noticed there are a few offerings that cover both exams.
I found titles by Sybex, Exam Cram, and Syngress but unfortunatelly due to the recent release of the exams and the books there are no reader reviews as of yet which I like to take into consideration before sticking with a title. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ed

Comments

• Options
    jobberjobber Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am nearing the end of my 2000 MCSE and am looking ahead at these two tests. Anyone take them yet? Know of good study books? Thanks!
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Ive used the Microsoft books for all my MS exams.. A bit dry, but still got me there..

MS offers a book for upgrading your cert to 2k3. It covers both exams
    ISBN 0-7356-1971-9
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    big boibig boi Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    same here. the ms press self study guides got me through the 2000 MCSE so i was just polanning to use the MS press books for studying for the 2 upgrade exams. if someone has better suggestions please let me know though.

and of course i'd get the transcenders too.
    pandimus wrote:
    Ive used the Microsoft books for all my MS exams.. A bit dry, but still got me there..

MS offers a book for upgrading your cert to 2k3. It covers both exams
    ISBN 0-7356-1971-9