Options

Outlook duplicates

AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
Hello guys. I've been having this issue for a long time and wanted to know if anybody got a trick for this.

I have 3 laptops with Outlook 2003. Each one with my Exchange mail account and a Comcast POP3 account. I have a rule in OWA that states for every email received for me@comcast.com send to Comcast folder. This works fine if I only have Outlook connected in 1 laptop. However; if I have 2-3 laptops with Outlook connected the Comcast emails get duplicated or triplicated.

BTW, I already tried this Mikerosoft KB:

This problem may occur if you use the Leave a copy of messages on the server option.

To set the Leave a copy of messages on the server option, follow these steps:
1. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
2. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
3. Click your POP3 e-mail account, and then click Change.
4. Click More Settings.
5. On the Advanced tab, click to select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box, and then click OK.

Thanks in advance.
XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
VCP4 » 0%
LPIC-1 » 0%

Comments

• Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    This is a total mess but I think I will have to go with Microsoft solution. When I sync Outlook I get a Comcast email that then gets removed from the server and that way it doesn't get duplicated on the other laptops. Now I cannot check email from Comcast website unless I don't sync Outlook. Also, now if I want to see my Comcast emails from my BlackJack I need to browse a long list of subfolders.

So my goal now is to get the Comcast folder next to the inbox on the Blackjack. icon_confused.gif
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%