Options

Memorizing POST codes?

ParmenidesParmenides Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is it important to remember all/some of the codes for the exam or is it beyond the scope of the exam?

(this is an appropriate question, right?)

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Parmenides wrote:
    Is it important to remember all/some of the codes for the exam or is it beyond the scope of the exam?

(this is an appropriate question, right?)

As a tech, you'll want to be familiar with several of the more common post codes. RAM, Video, etc.. There are different codes for each BIOS Mfg so to to say one needs to know all of them....a bit of a stretch.

This sort of thing may fall under the troubleshooting knowledge being tested....however, you are unlikely to see specific questions on the vendor post code patterns. Anything is possible though. ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ParmenidesParmenides Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I think some of the codes were the same despite the manufacturer. I think I'll try to get the common ones. AWARD seems to be the main one.