Options

Terminal Services Application Mode

rlebahrlebah Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if I understand this concept correctly. If I install Terminal Services (Application Mode) on a win2003 server does that mean I can get as many users as I have TS licenses and memory will permit.

Sometimes we have users that have a working pc but the application is client based and were behind on tickets. Could I have them use remote desktop and sign on to the server to use the applications until things in the queue calm down? Could multiple users (11+) be signed on.

This way they do not have to relocate to another office area to work.

Comments

• Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Yes, as long as you have the licenses per user or per server, which ever method your using you can put as many as you like. Just remember, when installing application mode all applications that are newly installed have to be installed using application mode or the users cannot use the application.

You can also publish the application directly so it launches after they enter their username/password on TS. Once they exit that application it shuts off their TS connection so they cannot change any windows settings etc.