Passed! 810

Passed the 70-270 today. It felt better than a 810 but oh well. I was a little unimpressed by the questions, thought they would be tougher and more complex. The flow of the test was good, most of my questions staying within the same realm of objectives, kind of in groups. Which kept my mind focused on the topic at hand and not jumping around. I used Sybex and MS Press books, CBT Nuggets, and Transcender tests as well as the TE resources. This makes 5 Certs since I found this site, kudos to Johan and the Mods for all their hard work!

On a side note, this is my first MS cert and I am in a contest at work for the most certs til the end of the year. Is this technically one cert? or two with the MCP?
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.

Comments

• dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! As for your question that cert will only count as one cert but by passing the exam you have earned the MCP status. The next level up you can achieve with Microsoft is MCSA and then finally MCSE. You can find out what specific certs you need to get these statuses at Microsoft's website.
  • jcblesterjcblester Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Job!! I will not be dissatiisfied with that score at all. I hope I will score that high! Was there any particular objective they focused on more than others??
    Somtimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the widshield.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    dabve3 - Thanks, I guess I was curious if MSP was a status and you answered that for me. I am just taking it one test at a time. Next is the 290 (I hope) But with school starting on monday that may be a while.

jc - Objectives were pretty spread out, more on domains and the ins and outs than I expected I guess.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    my congratulations to you!!!

when I took that exam, I would have been happy with a score >700 icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! That's a score I'd glady have any day. Great job and hope you win the contest! :D
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good job! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

kudos ... ! :)
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    And just in case it happens to anyone else. swallowing your gum accidentally right before you sit down to sign in IS NOT a bad omen. icon_lol.gif