Options

Simulation time managment Question

CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
In your opinions... how much time would you(did you) spend on simulation questions...
The average is about 3 sims right?
A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    about 10minutes on each.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It shouldn't take more than a couple minutes if you know what you are doing.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    JohnDouglasJohnDouglas Member Posts: 186
    lol, that's a big different, 2 mins and 10 mins. so average of 3 sims, 6 minutes or 30!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well, it shouldn't take you any more than 5 min if you know what you are doing. Maybe 10 if you get confused and have to start over.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    JohnDouglasJohnDouglas Member Posts: 186
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    One sim had a lot of reading and had many parts. Another sim was buggy and would not let me correctly delete lines of code, therefore I had to start over. Also If I only spent 3 or 4 minutes on a SIM, I would definately take the extra time to go through it thoroughly and reread the text to make sure I did everything right. You don't have to go as fast as you can. good luck getting through a SIM in 3 minutes without missing something.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Cessation wrote:
    In your opinions... how much time would you(did you) spend on simulation questions...
    The average is about 3 sims right?

Cessation,

My opinion is to spend enough time to answer the question. Since Cisco exams do not have a [<back] button, the most important question is the one you're working on now. Therefore, overanalysis of time management of the exam before taking the exam may not be related to earn a score to meet certification standards. From a personal experience perspective as an exam failer, if you run out of time, then you probably didn't know the material well enough to meet certification standards.

Since I agreed to the Cisco Career Certification Confidentiality Agreement, I cannot confirm nor deny the average number of sims in my exams that I took.

Good luck in your studies and your exam taking.
  • Options
    tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    There're sims and there're simlets. I believe that the sims are the ones that you should be looking at around 10 minutes on and the simlets warrant less time. I had one sim (which I spent 25 minutes on, don't ask me where the time went) and the simlets probably took about 5 mins. That was on the Intro exam.
    totts from essex
  • Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Netstudent wrote:
    One sim had a lot of reading and had many parts. Another sim was buggy and would not let me correctly delete lines of code, therefore I had to start over. Also If I only spent 3 or 4 minutes on a SIM, I would definitely take the extra time to go through it thoroughly and reread the text to make sure I did everything right. You don't have to go as fast as you can. good luck getting through a SIM in 3 minutes without missing something.

Re-Read this quote again, it contains everything you need to know to handle a SIM if you know the material. Speaking from experience, you have about 1.5 min per question on the exam so 10 min per SIM is the limit you should set for yourself. Just make sure to read what they want you to do and don't rush yourself, but don't spend more than 10 min unless you are really confident you can pick up the time on the other questions. SIMs are a big part of your score so if it means you have to spend the entire 10 min to make sure you have it right I would say 100% do it.