Options

What can I do?

RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
I have an expired ccna from back in 2001. I see they have changed some things with the ccna with the new ccent cert that is out there. I havent been able to get that cisco job as of yet but I like that side of IT. My question is concerning the new ccna couldnt I take network + then jump to the new ccna or should I look at the ccent. I am not a IT newbie but it is time for me to start pushing the envelope after 5 years of desktop/network support. I am finding it difficult to break into networking side of things.

Comments

• Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Well, seeing that you are already familiar with Cisco as you have an expired CCNA, I would say go ahead and just go straight for the CCNA and skip the Network + at least for now. Besides, the CCNA material will cover everything you need to know for the Network + and you can go back and take that exam once you pass your CCNA. It will be much easier for you after re-learning the Cisco stuff. The only thing I would be concerned with is that the current 640-801 exam is going to expire in November, so if you don't have much time for studying you may have to go the CCENT route. If you want to learn the new items that are going to be on the new exams and take your time studying, you could go the CCENT/CCNA route then take your Network +. Either way, take your Network + last as it will be easier for you.