Any of you younger folks like me ever Wondered.....

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ok this has had me kinda thinking for some time now, but I have never actually thought about mentioning it to anyone else. I guess this is sparked from being a college student and not living in the time of the "technology beginnings" like from late50's and on.

Anyways has anyone ever wondered how in the hell we actually put men on the moon in 1969 when we couldn't even get DARPA to transmit the word LOGON from Berkeley to Stanford in that same year?

I mean I'm just thinking about this from a difficulty standpoint. It's like 1. Transmit a clear text word with a modulated electrical signal over a copper medium OR 2. Build a frikin rocket, strap people to it, fly it to the moon, land, and return unscaved, ALL the while transmitting all this information all the way back to earth. Is it just me or does that sound backwards?

How could we put men on the moon in such a short period of time, and not even be able to create a successful guided media transmission in the same year? I realize that aerospace was in the research phase about 3 or 4 years before the conceptualization of distributed communication, but still that just doesn't seem practical.

DARPA and space research was created in 1957 to compete with Russia who put a chunk of metal into orbit.

1961 was supposedly the first proposal for distributed communication among geographically separated points.

Then 1969 we go to the moon, but we can't figure out how to communicate on the ground.

I'm not a conspiracy theorists and I'm not saying I don't believe it happened. So maybe the older generation here at Techexams would like to comment on this. So what do you guys think?
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    An old college friend of mine did a presentation about the conspiracy theories regarding landing on the moon. He was a very intelligent and hard working guy and before the presentation, he would always talk to me about how it was BS that we went to the moon. He did extensive research on the conspiracy theories and ultimately, after he finished all his research, I was surprised to see he then believed that we actually did land on the moon. This was earlier in my college career which was years ago, so I don't remember much about the reasonings behind his change of opinion.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I really think that it all has to do with budgets. The space budgets were being filled with generosity because of the space race.

The space budgets allowed them to get a lot more people, highly qualified people, a lot more equipment, etc...
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    I really think that it all has to do with budgets. The space budgets were being filled with generosity because of the space race.

The space budgets allowed them to get a lot more people, highly qualified people, a lot more equipment, etc...

Yeah at it's hight NASA had like 450,000 people working on the moon shot, and DARPA had like 9 people working on DARPANET.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well that would definately do it then.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • szkizzerszkizzer Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LOL, landing on moon in 1960's is like saying caveman one day decided to:

-learn how to fly.
    -learn how to pull fighter jet maneuvers - on a flying aluminum tube (747).
    -evade world most secure and advanced country's defense system-- NORAD.
    -Fly into pentagon, and hardly leave any parts outside the building. Not to mention, not even a scrape in the beautiful grass.
    -Not get hit by pentagon Missile System.
    -Do calculated advanced -supercomputer type math, to calculate where to hit it to take the building down.
    -Do [above] in such a way that WTC 7, goes down without ever being hit.

While keeping this in mind:

-Going from never seeing a computer in life, to becoming a master at using the sophisticated boeing 747 electronics (It aint no windows XP).
    -Managing to convince someone to provide them the financing (remember, were trying to make it fit to government's story) - for an idea , that was in matter of speaking, equivalent to landing a person on the moon.
    -Evading CIA, FBI, FIA, and watever freakin agency there is.
    -Do all that in less than two years.
    -And while flying the planes, manage to put their passports in such location that, they would be conveniently found when they crashed their planes. HELL, why would you want some other chump getting the credit.

Now I can only put the facts out there, depending on who you ask, this is either conspiracy theory, or a pointer towards something much darker. Its just something to think about, just like that lunar landing.

And plus, if cavemen can manage to do that - we should be seeing nasa finding us other earths right about now.
    "Never stand begging for something u have the power to earn."
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree that it does sound sketchy no matter how you put it or what the National budget was doing at the time. And America did have motive to lie. I just don't have enough backround knowledge on the subject to say that I don't believe it.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Netstudent wrote:
    Then 1969 we go to the moon, but we can't figure out how to communicate on the ground.
    I blame the Telcos for using wet string instead of copper wire to save money.
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The conspiricy theory which i find interesting is that our trasnsistor evolution was derived from alien technology (apparently from a crashed space craft)

Apparently all of our microprocessors were evolved from alien technology. I find it some what so so but is it that hard to beleive?

In 1960-70's we were using tubes for transitors, 30 years later we have microprocessors that have over 500 million transistors per CM²

Of course this is controversial icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually, this is getting way too deep! In the early 60's everyone was stoned. They thought the moon was made of cheese. They didn't want to share the chase, so they made a beeline to the "big cheese wheel" in the sky. After they got back, THEN they wanted to call all their friends and tell them about it, so they started workin on telecomm issues!

Clears that right up, huh?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_idea.gificon_cool.gif
  • ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    as technology advaced and the education being avaliable for everybody, alot of stuff doesnt make sense now days including relegion and history.
    people now days see things from a different point of view is like going back 10 years and seeing
    a plasma tv for sale which now is a normal thing for us to see in any electronic store.
    Now, history and goverment stuff there we cant really know exactly how it happend or if it is true or not, we can assume that it did or it didnt, but we still wont know a thing.
    history is always changing from theory to theory it doesnt really interest me becuase i always like to look to the future, i cant never go back to the past i whish i could that way i will never fail a certification test lol.
    Im pretty sure NASA in those days was capable of afforting the latest technology as it was capable of faking it. and i still think that intead spending billions and billions of dollar in traying to go to a place where no one can survive, that money could be use to help down here in the earth where is more needed, plus i have to say we still short on technology to be traveling in to space, I mean come on, we still have hungry and sick people in this planet, we have places where they dont even know what a computer or tv's are, we dont need to be going to the moon where nobody need us, if even if you go wth r u gonna be doing in there besides dying becase there is not oxigen, i hope they never try to go to the sun or to a dark whole lol
    good luck with that
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    i knew someoen would bring 911 into this. Well, do you think that we didn't land on the moon in 1969? Or do you think that we didn't land there at all netst?

also, of course there are 3rd world countries that are out there, but they are thousands of miles away from me, so i really don't care.

another note. I see those christian fund commercials, and they show these places with the children living in the trash and stuff. but think about it. Where does all of this trash come from?? If they have nothing, there would be no trash then right? Where are these places? Some of them show white kids so iit's not in africa. mabye southeren africa or south america?
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Aquabat wrote:
    i knew someoen would bring 911 into this. Well, do you think that we didn't land on the moon in 1969? Or do you think that we didn't land there at all netst?

also, of course there are 3rd world countries that are out there, but they are thousands of miles away from me, so i really don't care.

another note. I see those christian fund commercials, and they show these places with the children living in the trash and stuff. but think about it. Where does all of this trash come from?? If they have nothing, there would be no trash then right? Where are these places? Some of them show white kids so iit's not in africa. mabye southeren africa or south america?
    you know, white people do exsist out side of america!
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    oh, and since we're talking about retarded stuff, the world ends in 2012, so who cares?
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    oh, and since we're talking about retarded stuff, the world ends in 2012, so who cares?
    December 24, 2011. You're mis-reading the Mayan calendar. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    ya' all missing it no such acuracy on time exist specially base on human creation,
    A year is 365.24219 days.
    A month is 29.53059 days.
    you can imagine how off we are in time, but the standard has been set a second is a second a minute is a minute.
    plus the world could and tomorrow if it wanted to there is nottin u cant do about it even if nasa will let u get on a Spaceship so u can leave earth lol which i doubt it.
    FYI
    due to the big bang theory the universe is xpanding thanks to the energy that was relase in the explosion, once the energy is gone, gravity is gonna take action which it will make t every planet,sun,moon collaps together again, we wont be there when it happend but we cant avoid it either, compare to the universe we r nottin even for earth it can just swaps us off like ants lol,
    if dont bealive me look what happen at new orlands and the tsunami in india.
    So get over it enjoy life make the best of urself, u only live once, we can always question thing that we dont undestand but we cant get a answear we gonna have to deal and live with it.
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    WOW! icon_eek.gif

Talk about some paranoid IT people!

1. The world is ending in 2012, so I need to hurry and get my CCIE and have it for a couple years!

2. Those "people" in Africa you are referring to are not completely desolate, they do get some aid and food. ie: trash

3. I will add my own conspiracy theory: Do you think Kennedy was killed by the mob? CIA? or the Government he served?

:o