Options

new 802 exam and 12.4 ios?

mmreedmmreed Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have seen it mentioned here a few times that those pursuing the new 802 exam should have the 12.4 IOS.

Can someone shed some light into this and what is needed in 12.4 vs an older ios such as 12.2?

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mmreed wrote:
    I have seen it mentioned here a few times that those pursuing the new 802 exam should have the 12.4 IOS.

Can someone shed some light into this and what is needed in 12.4 vs an older ios such as 12.2?

I wouldn't say it is required, I would suggest it but you should be just fine with 12.2 or 12.3. There are some topics dealing with the SDM so you shoulld have one router that is able to work with SDM so you can practice with the interface. You will also need an IOS that can be configured for SSH. There are some topics on VPNs but you don't need to configure them.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    dtlokee wrote:
    mmreed wrote:

I wouldn't say it is required, I would suggest it but you should be just fine with 12.2 or 12.3. There are some topics dealing with the SDM so you shoulld have one router that is able to work with SDM so you can practice with the interface. You will also need an IOS that can be configured for SSH. There are some topics on VPNs but you don't need to configure them.

Thanks! Can you give some insight into some of the newer topics that you saw on the 802 such as SDM and VPNs?

Im currently in the ICDN class and the instructor would like to know what areas it hit on regarding SDM and VPNs
  • Options
    mmreed wrote:
    dtlokee wrote:
    mmreed wrote:

Thanks! Can you give some insight into some of the newer topics that you saw on the 802 such as SDM and VPNs?

Im currently in the ICDN class and the instructor would like to know what areas it hit on regarding SDM and VPNs

Tell the instructor to do what I did, take the exam for him/her self :)
  • Options
    dtlokee wrote:
    mmreed wrote:
    dtlokee wrote:
    mmreed wrote:

Tell the instructor to do what I did, take the exam for him/her self :)

Oh he is... LOL but it doesnt help the class we are in this week and all of us are asking whats in 802. He pulled the Cisco notes on it, but we all know how vague they can be.

We are looking to get some 802 guidance for him to know what areas to touch on with VPNs, SDM, Wireless etc...

Since this is only a 5 day ICDN class that was advertised as 801, and hes not taking the 802 till whenever, we are trying to milk what we can from him beyond the 801 materials. Many of us want the 802 just for bragging rights lol.
  • Options
    Tell him the exam has been available since Aug 15, what's he wating for? :)

Seriously though, most instructors don't take the new exams, ever. Some instructors out there have not taken the CCNA since it was the 640-407 exam back in 1998. They keep renewing their cert by taking other exams. I am tough on my instructors that I require them to take the new exams. Also any CCSI is basically required to take the new exams any time the exam number changes before they can deliver the new courses (at a higher score along with a sit requirement for each course.) This helps ensure the class that is being delivered is consistent an complete.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lokee,

What are the minimum scores to be a certified instructor?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!