Options

Nervous!

christenm123christenm123 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I failed my 2003 A+ Hardware exam narrowly, only by a couple of questions. I've been studying like a madman over the past couple of months, to get my self ready for the re-write. However, my question is should I be worried? How much does 2003 differ from 2006? What kind of new material should I be learning? Thanks a lot and wish me luck. :)

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Tell us what you are doing to prepare? List books, courses, experience, and so fourth. We can probably provide you with more information once you do that. I would suggest having a look at the A+ Technotes.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    christenm123christenm123 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, the school I'm attending (Academy of Learning) gave me a book when I started the tech portion of my program. So I've been studying that, I haven't purchased any other books on the subject. I've been reading the technotes too. The book I have is based on the 2003 version of the test. As far as experience goes, I've been messing around with computer hardware on my own for the past couple of years and last year I started my course.
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Have you considered picking up another book? Do you do any practice tests like through "Transcender"?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I'd recommend you download the objectives and review them to determine what you may still need to review.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?