Options

Taking Classes

WingedTekWingedTek Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'am wanting to start in my quest to become CCNA certified yet I don't know if I should start with taking classes or I could just jump in to some books. Does anyone know if they took classes that it actually helped them learn more or do better on the exam? Does any one have any good resources on to find places in South Florida that teach CCNA over a course of time (no bootcamps). One final question is should I buy my books and sign up for classes asap or wait for the change in the exam. Thanks in advance for the information!

John icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    nope those CCNA courses take about a year...instead u could get your ccna in 2-3 months...only good think about it is the equipmnet but u really dont need the eq. for ccna try to get a sim or the new version of packet tracer u will be wasting ur time and money if u take those courses
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think the main thing that you should assess is your backround knowledge. From your certs, it looks like you have a fair amount of IT savvy. So it may be better and cheaper to do self study with he new books.

IMO the academy is for people who have no backround knowledge of networking. Like people who didn't go to school for it or never worked with it in the real world. You know how to study for an exam because you have a nice amount of certs. So go for self-study, it's not really a mind blowing test.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Netstudent wrote:
    I think the main thing that you should assess is your backround knowledge. From your certs, it looks like you have a fair amount of IT savvy. So it may be better and cheaper to do self study with he new books.

IMO the academy is for people who have no backround knowledge of networking. Like people who didn't go to school for it or never worked with it in the real world. You know how to study for an exam because you have a nice amount of certs. So go for self-study, it's not really a mind blowing test.

Agree with this quote 100%. I Could not have said it any better.