Options

Study group, Indianapolis/Cincinnati area

sprinkl3ssprinkl3s Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
looking for anyone interested in a CCNA study group from the Indy-Cincy area, i'm smack dab in the middle of the two so either way will work. I plan on purchasing the dual cisco 2501/2513 & dual 1912 switch kit from ciscokits.com.

Anyone interested please post back here.

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't buy 1900 series switches. They are obsolete in the industry and have a different command set than the CCNA test. Also the fact that ciscokits is trying to push 1900's is an indication to spend your money elsewhere. Now ciscokits may have some okay deals on some of their products, but you can make your money go WAY farther by building your own kit.

Also with the amount of frame-relay on the CCNA, you would want to consider a 3 router setup minimum for a true and simple frame-relay connection. There are work arounds to not having a frame-relay switch, but working around a technology is not a good idea if you are wanting to learn it.

Cut out the 1900's and pick up a 2520 router and 2 2924 switches. 3 routers and 2 switches is minimum to really learn especially since the tests are getting harder. If all this seems over the top to you then you can always go with bugson or dynamips.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    I will take a look around and see what all i can find. one of my coworkers here who just took and passed the ccna used that kit and said it did him wonders just to have that so I figured it couldn't be all that bad.

Mostly what i'm trying to do is get a study group up and going.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats cool!

I just wanted to let you know that the 1900's have a completely different command set than the test. If you learn switching on a 1900 and try to go take the CCNA test, the commands that you learned are not going to be valid. Switching is a rather difficult part of the exam so you want to learn the correct commands and procedures. 2924's are cheap, like 50 or 60 bucks a piece and it would probably be in your best interest to get some 2924's off of ebay.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!