Options

GPO'S

How much knowledge do they expect you to have regarding GPO"S and LGPO's cause i have been bumping into question that tests you heavily on those and as a matter of fact I at this point haven't memorized all the LGPOS so leave aside domain based GPO's. I don't even know whether a particular feature is either controlled by local or domain GPO's. its quite overwhelming that how many objects exist there.
For the purpose of exam what GPO's should I get most acquainted with? those who've sat through the exam i want to ask them that how many question were there on this realm, if any?

Comments

• Options
    DelmirocDelmiroc Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I want to second that, I'm also wanting to know :)
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    singh8281 wrote:
    How much knowledge do they expect you to have regarding GPO"S and LGPO's
    Well for starters the only real difference between GPO's and Local Group Policy is where they are applied. Local group policy are policies applied at the local computer, while GPO's can also be created and applied to an entire OU, Site or Domain. The settings you can apply at each are the same for the most part.
    singh8281 wrote:
    I don't even know whether a particular feature is either controlled by local or domain GPO's. its quite overwhelming that how many objects exist there.
    The exact same settings can pretty much be controlled at either place. However, if the same policy is configured at multiple levels, then the last policy to be applied wins (or takes effect). The order in which policies (GPO's) are applied is as follows:

1. Local
    2. Site
    3. Domain
    4. OU

So if a screensaver policy was set to have the screensaver come on after 15 minutes from local group policy, and a domain group policy was applied to have it come on after 10 minutes (conflicting policies) then the domain group policy would take effect and it would come on after only 10 minutes since the domain policy is applied after the local policy. Likewise, if that same user was in an OU that had the screensaver come on after 30 minutes, then that would be the one to take effect since OU policies are applied last.
    singh8281 wrote:
    For the purpose of exam what GPO's should I get most acquainted with? those who've sat through the exam i want to ask them that how many question were there on this realm, if any?
    I might suggest whatever the Microsoft "skills being measured" list states:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-270.mspx#EIE

From a cursory glance it looks like maybe Local Security Policy is the main one, like password policies and user rights assignments. However I would highly recommend picking up the blue MS Press book and seeing what it says. Good luck. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    The MS Press book doesn't open the Pandors's box about GPO'S, it says they are out of scope for this exam.

Thanks for your reply.