Options

That test was harder than I thought

demikey4udemikey4u Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed on my second time around. It was more difficult that I imagined. I always confuse some of the port numbers up. Oh wel. A pass is a pass. 770 is what I scored. First time I scored a 756. That is irritating. I have no idea what there grading system is and how it works. I relaize it is between 100 - 900 points. That is a 800 diference. which means with 100 questions, each one "should" be 8 points a piece. but somehow it does not work out that way. 770 and 756 are neither divisble by 8.

Enough with the math lesson for today. At least I passed. I am not sure to go onto A+ or press with the MCSA/MCSE track. We shall see I suppose.

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! I agree, this exam was a bit difficult. It was developed for people with at least 2 years of experience in the industry.

If you want your A+, you can definitely go for that and use Network+ and A+ for the MCSA track (exempting one exam) and then Security+ for the MCSE track.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Well, you have satisfied CompTIA, and that's what the objective is, so congratulations for passing!

Testing or working in IT has always been a humbling experience to me, but it's always full of opportunities to learn and advance, so good luck on the path that you choose!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Defeat compTIA and satisfy yourself, that's the idea...
    Great job !! angel.gifangel.gifangel.gif
  • Options
    linuxgnubeelinuxgnubee Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If there's 900 total points and 100 questions, then each question is worth ... anyone, anyone ... 9 points.

You needed to answer 85 questions correctly ( 85 * 9 = 765 pts )

764 out of 900 * 100 will give you 84.89% needed to pass (according to SYBEX), so 756/900 * 100 = 84% ... :o
    so close!

But you got it now, CONGRATS!!
    Weirdness Happens!
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    900 - 100 = 800

A minimum score of 764 equates to 664 points.

664/800 = 83% as a minimum passing percentage.

While there are 100 questions on the test that you take, I would wager a guess that several of them are not scored and are there to test out the validity of new questions.

George
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    Nice to see someone trying to figure out the scoring procedure. :) You also have to realize that not all questions have equal weighting. So, you could have say 10 questions while 5 are worth 1 and 5 are worth 2,3,4,5, and 5 consecutively.
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I remember taking that test for the first time and ending it in shock, since the questions were so plain and simple. I couldn't believe how easy the test was...I just sat there for a while staring at the pass on my paper. :o

I found the A+ to be more difficult than the other certs, and although I passed them both on the same day back-to-back, I only passed them by a mere point. XD

Congrats and good luck with your next.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    KGhaleon wrote:
    I remember taking that test for the first time and ending it in shock, since the questions were so plain and simple. I couldn't believe how easy the test was...I just sat there for a while staring at the pass on my paper. :o

I found the A+ to be more difficult than the other certs, and although I passed them both on the same day back-to-back, I only passed them by a mere point. XD

Congrats and good luck with your next.

KG
    I suppose it depends on the question pool you received. I remember A+ being difficult because it was my first time writing an exam on a Terminal.
  • Options
    wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GREAT Job!!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."