Options

What is the minimum score required to pass the A+ exams?

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
The A+ upgraded exams covering the 2003 objectives are graded on a scale of 100 – 900. The minimum score for the A+ Core Hardware exam is 515 and the minimum score for the A+ OS exam is 505.

So that means you only have to score 515 for hardware & 505 for the OS to pass the exam?

D-boy

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    That's correct.

Scoring 515 on Core and 505 on OS, will get you A+ certified.

But, review the exam objectives at the CompTIA site,
    http://comptia.com/certification/A/general_info.asp

There's a lot of material to be digested that can be included in the question pool.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    So you only need to get about 50% right out of 80 questions to pass?
  • Options
    learningITlearningIT Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you! I would have never thought of looking at those! lol, I took a peek once and said, "nope, I'm not gonna go through all this!" I took a second peek and decided it could be very helpful. :D

(PS. I thought that it was 65% of the test questions, that would make it 52/80 correct to pass, is that correct?)
    I want to learn to succeed.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I don't think anyone but CompTIA knows how the percentages can actually be calculated. It's most approximate to state a number.

Thing is, some of the questions you receive may only be trial questions that are not yet scored. CompTIA tries out some questions like that before they actually put them in the exam data base for scoring . It's done that way to determine what the value of the question will be when it is entered in the data base as a having a value. See, some questions have a higher value than others, but the value is based on the experience of several attempts at answering it by a large cross-section of potential IT techs. Of course, you may not get any of this type of question, and each question will have a value on it because the actual questions that you get is determined by "the luck of the draw" from the overall question pool in the data base.

What I'm saying is based on several different posts that have been put on this forum in recent months. But, yours are common questions.

My opinion is that CompTIA SMEs actually know what they're doing and that the A+ scores actually represent at least a seventy-percent value.

Hope this helps(hope it's clear enough to not be confusing).
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    I got 875 :D (but im a hardware enthusiast and hardcore tweaker)

If you read through a book at the very least you can definately pass. I think it would be hard to fail if you tried to pass.
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.