Company network computer shuts down on large torrents

finchx6finchx6 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
The company I'm working for is currently trying to set up a fairly small network for a 3d animation and video editing company thats at two locations. There are only a few nodes on the network, and they decided they wanted to use torrent software as a means of getting their larger files from one location to the other. They got the idea from some website and thought it would be "easier."

Both locations are just using a standard 8mbps cable connection as their internet provider, and one of the systems is acting very strange and I have no idea why or how to fix this.

The system is an AMD Athlon 64 machine running a fully updated version of WinXP with SP2. Plenty of memory and harddrive space. Anytime this computer tries downloading one of their company torrents that exceeds a gig in size (which is fairly often), it will shut itself off completely. We've tried using both BitComit AND Azureus on the system, and they both do the exact same thing. They load up, allocate the torrent, and after a few minutes of downloading, the entire computer shuts down. And when I say shuts down, I mean it turns itself off completely. On several occasions that I've personally been there, the BitComit agent gave a warning about the TCP connection being only half open right before the computer shut down, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I ran across a few threads from people having somewhat similar problems with these programs, but not exactly. And the most common answer to those threads had to do with the fact that they both use Java. I don't know much about Java, so I have no idea if it could even cause this mess.

I should also add that when attempting to download smaller company torrents such as video codecs, materials, or texture files (anything under a gig really), the computer has no problems. It downloads them as it should and never turns off. Its only with larger file sizes.

Any ideas on this??? I'm really needing some help here because for reasons I can't seem to understand, the company is dead set on using this form of sharing from one location to the other.
"Suicide hotline... please hold..."