Exam Cram Book vs MS Press

Hektik1nHektik1n Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Studying for my 70-290 certification. I have two books im reading. 1 being the Microsoft Press 70-290 book and the other being the 70-290 Exam Cram book. Which book is better. Which is better for studying and taking test questions with.

The Exam Cram Book does not come with a CD which has the practice tests. I guess i need to go online and buy the test questions. Not sure why this version didnt come with a cd as the 70-270 exam cram book had a cd included. Is it worth buying the practice test questions, or are they the same as the exam cram book has ?

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hektik1n wrote:
    Studying for my 70-290 certification. I have two books im reading. 1 being the Microsoft Press 70-290 book and the other being the 70-290 Exam Cram book. Which book is better. Which is better for studying and taking test questions with.

The Exam Cram Book does not come with a CD which has the practice tests. I guess i need to go online and buy the test questions. Not sure why this version didnt come with a cd as the 70-270 exam cram book had a cd included. Is it worth buying the practice test questions, or are they the same as the exam cram book has ?

I also have both of those books for 290 and 291. I categorize the MS Press books as primaries and the exam cram books as secondaries. As you can tell by the sheer volume of the MS press books, they will have more content over the exam cram. Exam Cram acts as a good supplementary reference to the MS Press books. Its hard to say "which book is better", because they each have a different aspect delivering the information (its not called 'exam CRAM' for nothing). Combined together, however, they make a powerful weapon for the actual exam.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I have a big complaint against the Examcram2 book for 70-290... It goes too much into topics that are not covered in 70-290, but rather the more advanced exams, such as group policy and templates. Why couldn't it strict solely to the 70-290 exam objectives like the MS Press book does?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the exam cram books are easier to study the last couple days before the test. The microsoft books seem to be better for long term study over a month or more. Just one topic at a time on the MS books.