Roaming Profile Question

exit12exit12 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I have a query regarding roaming profiles.

If for example I have different groups in a company, and each group requires different profile size limits, what is the best way to apply this, and make it easy in the future if I need to change a specific users profile size to a higher limit?

Create and OU, with the appropriate groups, and apply a policy at the OU level?

Any further info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I will need to double check when I get home, but I am 90% sure that every variant of the same policy setting will need to be in seperate OUs, or you can consider linking the GPO from a upper container (set as no limit) and then modifying the limit at the group level.

Hope this helps.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would agree with bighornsheep. I would have to say that it depends on how your OU structure is set up in relation to your groups. Are all users in the same OU part of the same groups? If so, you can just apply the GPO to the OU. If not, it seems like you'll have to create new GPOs at the domain level and filter them by groups. Doing this is not so bad since group filtering is checked first before a user has to process each setting in a GPO. That means that adding these GPOs and filtering them by groups won't contribute much to a user's login time as long as you remove the Authenticated User's group from applying the policy and only allowing the group that it is intended for.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks