Paper certs, or Paper degrees; Which is worse

2»

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MrNetTek wrote: »
    You don't gain experience by wrecking equipment, you get fired.

I can’t tell you how many times we've tested the crap out of something in the lab only to have the unexpected happen when we rolled it out. Sometimes the best experience comes from breaking something “real world”. :)

That being said, yeah, if considering your credentials you should have “known better” it’s not a good place to be!

I know people that have studied their butts off for their CCNA and still couldn’t get passed the interview process. I think the days of landing a job without experience regardless of your cert level are loooooong gone.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    pitviper wrote: »
    I can’t tell you how many times we’re tested the crap out of something in the lab only to have the unexpected happen when we rolled it out. Sometimes the best experience comes from breaking something “real world”. :)
    I think you can learn the most when you've broken it. If it works then you don't touch it. If it breaks then you have to work out how to fix it, why it broke and how to prevent it in the future.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    While paper certs and paper degrees are known to be problematic, the worst thing in the world is a paper CUT

icon_mrgreen.gif
This discussion has been closed.