Options

CCNA Simulator was just plain WRONG.

AbigailleAbigaille Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I don't know how much I can divulge here. But as a warning.. the sim in ICND was wrong.. they had a command in run-config that would not work in the real world... and made no sence...
I tink they do it to throw people off and get them confused..

also the CCDA had a question were there was no right answer... period.

I wonder how they get away with this?
A+, NET+, CCNA and CCDA = Passed.

Comments

• Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    The fact that you think something is wrong doesn't mean it is.
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    AbigailleAbigaille Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hmm...
    A+, NET+, CCNA and CCDA = Passed.
  • Options
    wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice343 wrote:
    The fact that you think something is wrong doesn't mean it is.

Agreed. I could have sworn something was wrong with one of my sims on the exam, down to I took the extra few minutes to type up in the comments section what I thought was wrong.

Then, 3 questions later, I saw a clue to what I did wrong. You can bet I will never forget how to do that function now.

The other thing to remeber with that is this is the last few months of this exam...any bugs would have been discovered by now for sure, reported, and fixed. Best bet is to sit back, analyze what the question was, and using routers(if possible), perform the action they wanted. The reason I say routers is like you said, the sim was wrong - use the equipment you know to be correct.

Also, check what IOS they wanted you to use. Example is I know on earlier IOS's, they wanted vlans created this way
    Router# vlan database
    etc, etc, etc
    Recent IOS's wanted it this way
    Router(config)# int vlan 1
    etc, etc, etc
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Abigaille wrote:
    also the CCDA had a question were there was no right answer... period.

You may get ungraded questions that Cisco may be trying out before they become part of the exam - it's mentioned it the stuff that people usually skip reading before the exam.

I had a sim once with a graphic that was twice the width of the screen and there was no scroll bar visible. I left a rude comment using the comment section, then noticed a line 1 pixel high.... and found I could use that to scroll. It was only after the exam (and the fact I had an "extra" sim on the exam) I realized it probably was just an ungraded question Cisco was testing.

And another time I had a question that required one answer -- but the correct answer was given twice. I wasted a bunch of time comparing the answers word for word to see if there was a difference and never found one -- I picked one answer and left a rude comment about the question.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a SIM that wouldn't let me delete a single character on the end of a line. It was deleting characters in the middle of the line even though the cursor was at the end of the line. So there are are definately flaws in any simulation, not just cisco. Thats the only thing I have noticed with the test I have taken.

All the multiple choice questions on the test were pretty spot on though.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!