Options

hp color laserjet 8550dn random blank pages

Hi everyone

I've having an issue with troubleshooting an hp printer

when printing some jpeg images the paper comes out completely blank but then immidiately afterwards you are able to print an another jpeg images

I've tried having other's print the same file and it doesn't work consistently with other computers.

not really sure where to begin with this one since the printer does pass all of it's self diagnostics

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would check the driver versions on the computers and make sure they're all using the same sort of connection, PCL vs Postscript... The port settings are all the same and so on.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    dtlokee wrote:
    I would check the driver versions on the computers and make sure they're all using the same sort of connection, PCL vs Postscript... The port settings are all the same and so on.

sorry about that they are all using the latest release Post Script driver... which is a few years old

what is surprising me is that image A will print but then image B will not..... the issues with image B is consistent with the few users I've asked to print the image B.

we've tried a couple of different files and the ones that will not print on one system do not print regardless of the PC sending the job

is it possialbe that some images will not print correct using a post Script driver and need to use a PCL.... this one thing I've not tried
  • Options
    druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Let me get this right. Image B will never print regardless of the computer you try to print from.

Is image B to large a file size for the printer? Is there anything else odd about image B ?
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When printing to a HP I tend to prefer using the PCL drivers as opposed to the postscript drivers when I can, just seems to work better. You may want to try a PCL driver to see if it works differently. It is also possible the image when rendered into the raw printer codes is too large for the ram in the printer so it drops the page, perhaps try a lower resolution or color depth to see if it comes out.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Thanks for the help I'm sure the printer's ram is minimal

I did try using PCl and got a partial image... I didn't have time to play with it much at the end of the day but tomorrow I'll definitely experiment with PCL VS PS

I'll see if any of the suggestions work out
  • Options
    druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep us up to date. Seems like an interesting problem. :)