Options

bachelor's, computer science, where to go?

mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Here's a question...I'm thinking of getting a bachelor's in CS, as I have a 2 yr associates degree (liberal studies), and a year of classes at a technical school. I figure, I'll see what credits I can transfer and hopefully I could earn it in a year or so.

With that being the case, does anyone know if certain schools are more respected than others? I don't want to get it unless it'll be somewhere reputable. Does anyone have a recommendation, or any experience in this area?
Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    If you really want to study Computer Science at a reputable school, go for Carnegie Mellon, CS @ Carnegie Mellon must be the most respected CS department in the world.....after all, if I know about it from all the way across the border...they must be doing something right!

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    mrjmrj Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CMU, MIT, CalTech, the list could go on.

The question is what can you afford.

I, and plenty others, would kill to goto most of these schools, and they know it.
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    Shameless self promotion but...*cough* Waterloo *cough*
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    mastercorm wrote:
    Here's a question...I'm thinking of getting a bachelor's in CS, as I have a 2 yr associates degree (liberal studies), and a year of classes at a technical school. I figure, I'll see what credits I can transfer and hopefully I could earn it in a year or so.

With that being the case, does anyone know if certain schools are more respected than others? I don't want to get it unless it'll be somewhere reputable. Does anyone have a recommendation, or any experience in this area?

I would go to your local state school, University of New Hampshire. It's a widely known school, good classes and a good school to have a degree to fall back on. I wouldn't do any third party technical schools.