Options

ccna current intro and icdn exam

leojramirezleojramirez Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I heard there will be a change of exam numbers/version in november or something like that, is this correct?

I get confused with the exam numbers, so im just saying the current exams.

If this changes, does the exam topics change, because for example i did the ccna course from october 06 to june 07 and bought for study reference the CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (Exam #640-801), 2nd edition by Wendell Odom... and i was just looking for this tittle in freaking amazon and i see that he released a new one in september 4th... damit

Will the CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (Exam #640-801), 2nd edition by Wendell Odom help me with the new exams, or is it better to buy the new library... which i probably wont because they take up too much space... lol.

Will the CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (Exam #640-801), 2nd edition by Wendell Odom cover the same stuff that will be on the new exam?

Comments

• Options
    mrjmrj Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The new exam is the 640-802, ICND1 and ICND2..

Meaning sure, those books will give you a good idea of the CCNA, but you'll be missing out on several topics that either were not included at all, or were given small roles and now larger.

Thus you would want 802 study material.

I'm using both to re-do mine, I'd like a grander idea of the concepts than a push through the CCNA. I'm in no rush.
  • Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    There are new exams available, but you also have until November to take the old exams if you feel you will be ready before then. The new layout is like this:

640-802 CCNA composite exam (ICND1 and ICND2)

or the two exam route which would also give you CCENT

640-822 ICND1 (gives you CCENT certification)
    640-816 ICND2 (combined with ICND1 gives you CCNA)

The new exams seem to cover some new objectives so if you go that route, I would say definitely pick up the new study guides. Check out the new and old objectives here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html
  • Options
    leojramirezleojramirez Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tihs!

But the thing is that i bought the old study guide 2 months ago and its so bulky, so adding a new one to my collection is kind of a turn off because of the money as well.

I dont know if i feel like rushing the study to take 2 exams before november, because i rather like the 2 exam option since company pays for the cert exams.

On the other hand if i do that i will definately take it in january, but then it will be the new exam.
    So,
    Its all crap for me.

Think there will be the new content of the new tests online so i wont have to buy the new library?