moving forward to IE

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
Recently accepted a new gig with better career challenges (I hope) but with this newest coming I recently got a burst of new study energy. I have been studying cbts and reading like crazy. I recently completed the knet bgp and started a major chewing session on the IE written guide.

The first day i ate 5 chapters, day 2 chewed 4 chapters ( TCP/IP vol-1 RIP chapter was longer than expected but very detailed) and looking to finish 2 more IGP chapters today (had alot of personal stuff to do today). I will skim the bgp in the written guide as i have already completed the knet last week.
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    And the hunt begins! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Rock on!! I think the key is a good study plan.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hope that you can "digest" all that information! :)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

dum dum dum!

Good luck and keep us updated!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well, finished eigrp and ospf v2, i'll start ospf v3 at the crack of dawn and plan end the day with IGP route redist, sum, and default routing.
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Sweet, big K in the race!
    got behind on redist, summ chapter but finished it up, skipping over qos chapters completely, starting on WAN technologies going to make up time by reading over the weekend.

Still going to skim/review over bgp sections but not at the moment.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    keenon wrote:
    got behind on redist, summ chapter but finished it up, skipping over qos chapters completely, starting on WAN technologies going to make up time by reading over the weekend.

Still going to skim/review over bgp sections but not at the moment.

If you are reading Odom I can highly recommend that book. It got me through the written after covering all the whitepapers on the recommended reading list. I found that carefully covering no more than a couple of chapters a day worked best for me, sometimes just one chapter as there is a lot of detail there and some great configuration examples to follow through. Then I did the end of chapter questions, recorded the score and moved on.

In this way I read all 24 chapters and had a score recorded for the subjects. Then I skimmed the chapters again one by one and did the end of chapter questions again and recorded the score. If I found a subject particularly tricky I did the questions as an open book exam. After all that, if you are still foxed on a particular question have a look at the solution, try and understand it and move on. I found that for some subjects there were sometimes a few questions I consistently struggled on, so I looked over those solutions until I had the mechanism down. Certainly after reading a chapter again my scores improved, but I tried not to revisit end of chapter questions until sometimes a week had passed since I had last seen them.

Once I was over 70% for every single chapter I did the final exam a few times. Anything you keep getting wrong, print out the solution and look it over so you understand it. Then sit the test.

I recorded my scores for each chapter on the whiteboard in my home office as a motivator. I was done with the book in about five weeks studying evenings and weekends.

I should also add that I find this book very useful for my lab prep. It has some very good configuration examples.
    thanks for the input, i'm just finishing up multicast and moving on to security review.. going to get out bcmsn 811 stuff and review the multicasting again from there. Going to startup rack and begin finishing the infusion icon_redface.gificon_idea.gificon_cool.gif
    missed a few days of reading but did complete the security section. making up lost time by watching CoD videos and nuggets sections fit any "weak" areas. Reading the info on the cisco site and doc dvd. going to start the wireless and reread mpls section of the odom book in the next day or so
    reread the ipv6 section for doyles and finished related video for this.. added eigrp video as well going to read up on eigrpv6 to cap off todays learning.
    still pacing my way through eigrp in dolyes book, i had already read it in the odom book. been completing a CoD on each subject daily. I plan to have vids finished soon and maybe one of the books before next week.
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    mikej412 wrote:
    And the hunt begins! :D

Isn't that "The hunt is afoot!"? :P
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
    yep it is, finally finished EIGRP in the doyles book.. reading the ospf v2 section which after reading ospf on different occasions ( CCNA, BSCI, Written guide) along with the cbts.. i'm getting alot out of it this time around
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ahhh the first read ....

by the time you get your # you'll have broken the spine on the book .....
    rm -rf /
    today more motivated than ever!!!! I just got the great news that the study group we had last year has produced ................................................. CCIE#19xxx bowing.gif
    going to drop off line for a while for some hard studying