Options

WoW....

CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
Makes me just want to punch people some times....
Co-worker and I are supposed to be taking our CCNA exams soon.

I am fairly sure he hasn't been studying so much but he said he still wanted to take the exam.
I asked him about it and he said he was 95% sure he would pass it.
So I proceed to ask him about it and he finally let the name "Test__ng slip...
PUNCH! Effer!
A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, but what happens when the job requires him to put his new found skills to work?
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is pretty pathetic. At least you will know what you are talking about. Don't worry the real world will filter people like that out pretty quickly. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    ITdude wrote:
    That is pretty pathetic. At least you will know what you are talking about. Don't worry the real world will filter people like that out pretty quickly. icon_wink.gif

Ha, Already has... He also used it to get his MCSE2000 and still works 1st level Help desk taking calls. :)

It still bothers me though...
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Karma is a BxxxH!!!

see sig :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    That is what technical interviews are for. He would probably fall apart pretty quick if asked to explain some of the technologies.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cessation wrote:
    Makes me just want to punch people some times....
    Co-worker and I are supposed to be taking our CCNA exams soon.

I am fairly sure he hasn't been studying so much but he said he still wanted to take the exam.
    I asked him about it and he said he was 95% sure he would pass it.
    So I proceed to ask him about it and he finally let the name "Test__ng slip...
    PUNCH! Effer!

Don't even get angry about it and ignore it. You will know that you have studied hard for the exam, you will know your skill set and strong areas, thats all that matters.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you want to be truly happy in life don't let others bother you. It's frustrating when people do things you don't agree with but if you can find peace and happiness with yourself it shouldn't bother you. I'd pity him before I'd hate him.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That is what technical interviews are for.
    I like to think of technical interviews as a demonstration of Natural Selection at work. The weak, clueless, and cheaters are culled from the Techie Herd.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Let us know how the test goes. I doubt that he will pass. He may get more of the multiple choice right but how do you **** a simulator? The advantage of Cisco exams is they require you to use your knowledge to pass. That is how they have maintained the value and respectability of their certifications. Chances are, your friend is in for a rude awakening.
  • Options
    ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    there is people out there that dont really like challenge, there is been always **** code for everything, video games, test, etc.
    but one thing u cant really **** trough is life, if you work hard for what u want u always gonna get it if not ill be working at the help desk with him, everything pay off.
    i meet a **** that used some kind of stuff like dat to get CCNP but he didnt know what SNMP was or what was a SNMP trap...i mean network+ stuff u know....but anyways
    keep the hard studying up!!!!
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    by the way i meant guy no **** lol
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Just to add fuel to the fire...

I have to disagree that because someone has dumped an exam, they're useless at the real thing.

Don't get me wrong... they're a cheater, plain and simple. But for every bonehead (like the one ilcram mentioned), there's another cisco admin who knows his/her stuff, but dumped the exam... perhaps as a final 'readiness' check.

I don't mind admitting I dumped my MCSE 2000 (my college provided them, though at the time I didn't know what a **** was). It made passing 11 of 12 MCP's possible on the first try. The real learning came on the job, though.

@ Cessation... your bud sounds like he's dumping, and nothing else. No hands on, no sims, nothing realistic. THAT'll bite him in the butt.

Okay, flame on!
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe we should coin a new term...Darwinian Netwoking! :)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    survival of the smartest!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think part of the problem comes from the fact most people in the industry see it like this:

1 - the things you need to know to get the job done
    2 - the things you need to know to pass the exam

Somehow people don't see there is a connection between the two. This lends itself to people justifying the use of **** to gain the second part. I understand the idea behind this having taken many exams and comming across questions and thinking to myself how they have no relevance to the job, or they pulled some obscure fact out of a whitepaper that no one would usually know.

The bottom line is the exams are not designed to be soley based on what you do in your day to day job duties. They want you to study for the exams, they want you to take classes (official curriculum of course!) They don't want you to be able to pass from on the job experience.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:
    I think part of the problem comes from the fact most people in the industry see it like this:

1 - the things you need to know to get the job done
    2 - the things you need to know to pass the exam

Somehow people don't see there is a connection between the two. This lends itself to people justifying the use of **** to gain the second part. I understand the idea behind this having taken many exams and comming across questions and thinking to myself how they have no relevance to the job, or they pulled some obscure fact out of a whitepaper that no one would usually know.

The bottom line is the exams are not designed to be soley based on what you do in your day to day job duties. They want you to study for the exams, they want you to take classes (official curriculum of course!) They don't want you to be able to pass from on the job experience.

I totally agree with ya dklokee!! Using a **** is the easy way out if you need to pass an exam in a hurry. Their are tons of topics that you are tested on and you NEVER use in the field, especially the CCDA exam for example, If you apply real world knowledge to the exam YOU WILL FAIL!! Simple as that, basically you have to know the wendell odem book inside out.

Not that I promote the use of ****, because I dont. Clearly if you know the material you'll pass the exam, but I will admit that some of these exams are just plain propostorous.

If I remember correctly, one of the best know CCIE's "Jeremy Cioara" once said that being CCIE dosent mean you know everything, it means you can find out anything!!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    JohnDouglasJohnDouglas Member Posts: 186
    what does WoW mean?

many of the people at work are using a braindump site, not the one mentioned above though. they're working hard though, reading and reading and reading, taking notes, reading more, doing sims etc. but then topping it all off with a braindump. i guess all the practice questions will help people realise areas they don't know and need to study up on. not the best though i agree.

for school exams though everyone uses past papers don't they to practice. but from what i understand the braindump sites contain "live" questions.

anyway, time to sleep, more study in the morning!
This discussion has been closed.